Wednesday, January 8, 2020
Assigning Bridal Party Responsibilities
The Bridal Party
Your bridal party is there to be more than just a bunch of pretty faces. Put them to work! There is no better team to help support you through this big day than your family and friends that you have chosen to stand by your side.
Here is our list, broken down by Maid (or Matron) of Honor/Best Man, and Bridesmaids/Groomsmen.
Maid of Honor and Best Man
- Help with wedding planning
- Lead the bridal party in planning the bachelor and bachelorette parties, respectively.
- Attend all pre-wedding events
- Signing as witnesses to the marriage, being sure the officiant signs and placing the license somewhere safe!
- Helping to play host and hostess at the reception
- Troubleshooting any problems that may arise
- Being the point of contact for vendors and planners
- Making sure everyone has their attire preferably 3 months in advance
- Making sure everyone is in the right place at the right time
- The toast!
- Decorating the get away car and coordinating the send off
- Holding the rings during the ceremony
- Make sure all vendors have been paid and tipped
Bridesmaids and Groomsmen
- Attend pre-wedding events
- Helping with any problems that arise on the day-of
- Being social and making guests feel welcome
- Keeping the party going on the dance floor
- Assist the Maid of Honor and Best Man
- Groomsmen to help usher guests to their seats at the ceremony
Bridal Party General Tasks
- Attend rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
- Provide emotional and planning support to bride, groom and family
- Make sure all dresses and tuxes are where they need to be on the day of
- Getting flower arrangements, cookies, favors and anything else where it needs to be
- Set up any decor for the ceremony and reception
- Making sure family is in place for photos
- Assist with any last minute errands
- The bridal party is also in charge of making sure that the food, gown, gifts, belongings and anything else left behind make their way to where they are supposed to be.