Food & Beverage Manager
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for leading the food and beverage department for all facilities operated by the Henry H. Stambaugh Auditorium Association. The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer care by overseeing all aspects of service and service staff as well as ensuring a clean and safe environment. This position is to ensure the operational and financial success of the department in addition to building a culture of teamwork, operating procedures, and creative problem-solving.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all day to day department operations including:
- Schedule department staff
- Ensure all department staff are following organizational policies and food service best practices.
- Manage all food service areas, concessions, kitchens, and bars to ensure proper event preparation and operation related to food and beverage
- Maintain the highest level of sanitation throughout all food and beverage areas.
- Oversee the overall operation of the stock rooms and department storage areas including but not limited to: stock rotation, preparation, distribution, inventory management, and bookkeeping.
- Evaluate all food and beverage equipment and make requests for repairs / replacement.
- Oversee the care and set-up of linens, table settings, glassware, etc.
- Manage, seek approval, and communicate department purchases
- Order department supplies as needed to maintain proper inventory levels
- Hire, manage, train, and develop staff in all aspects as needed for the department including policies, standards of quality and service, and organizational and operational expectations.
- Work closely with other departments to achieve operational requirements
- Be an active and contributing part of the organization’s leadership staff
- Participate in pre-shift, pre-meal and/or pre-event meetings with all necessary staff for all involved departments
- Exhibit great communication skills and work as a contributing team member with other departments (i.e. Event Department, Operations, Guest Services, Production, etc.)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends
- Proficiency in all business software platforms, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Outlook, and Google Suite.
- Previous experience in developing, implementing and evaluating service related standards.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Must have interpersonal skills to work effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be able to communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.