Box Office Attendant
The Box Office Attendants are responsible for general box office customer service and daily box office operations.
- Perform general box office responsibilities, including answering the incoming box
office telephone line; checking box office voice mails; greeting and helping walkup customers, checking and responding to email; answering inquiries about ticket sales and event information; following up requests in a timely way; selling tickets; reconciling cash drawer and sales, following ticketing procedures and policies, and providing excellent customer care by being courteous and respectful at all times.
- Perform duties including typing, preparing reports, reporting box office sales information, filing box office documents appropriately; copying or faxing documents as necessary or as requested; preparing and sending emails or mail; set up and maintain updated box office mailing lists; maintaining folders and paperwork pertaining to the box office; assisting the Guest Services Manager, House Manager, and Events Manager as needed. Assisting with general office duties when needed.
- Arrange flexible hours when necessary to accommodate needs of the facility and events.
- Perform other duties as they arise or are requested
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience with or ability to learn computerized Box Office systems.
- Experience with cash handling and cash management
- Commitment to excellent standards of customer care
- Outstanding customer service skills with an ability to work well with the public, responding in a courteous and cooperative way.
- Professionalism in interactions, language, personal presentation, work habits, and in
performance of day to day tasks
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, desktop publishing, and Excel spreadsheets.
- An interest and enthusiasm for the arts.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments with minimum supervision
- Attentive to detail; accurate
- Demonstrate reliability and initiative
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Ability to identify and maintain confidential information
Experience and background required:
- High school education with successful customer service experience preferred.
- Monday thru Friday regular set hours &evenings and weekends to cover event-related box
office duties as needed.