About Stambaugh Auditorium
Stambaugh Auditorium has three new Steinway Pianos -
model D concert grand and two B's - semi concert grand.
Stambaugh Auditorium opened in 1926 through the generosity of Henry H. Stambaugh. It is located on Fifth Avenue across from Wick Park in Youngstown, Ohio. Stambaugh is virtually equidistant from Chicago and New York, as well as from Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Cleveland Hopkins Airport and the Pittsburgh International Airport are within an hour; New York or Chicago, an hour's flight. Access to interstates 80, 76 and 11 is a block away. Over a million people live in the immediate 6 county trading area. Youngstown State University with over 14,000 students is two blocks away. There are many other universities and colleges less than an hour by car with a combined student population of over 75,000.
Stambaugh features a Concert Hall of three tiers accommodating 2,553, a 9,700 square foot Grand Ballroom on the lower level, and a smaller recital hall (The Anne Kilcawley Christman Memorial Hall) on the third level. The concert hall was designed for musical performance and the fine acoustic quality has been compared to that of Carnegie Hall.
Stambaugh Auditorium is a fine example of Greco-Roman architecture and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Renovations are faithful to the original architectural style. Over the years many well known performers have appeared here. Stambaugh was the original home of the Youngstown Symphony. In the spirit of Mr. Stambaugh's wishes for serving the community, the Monday Musical Club has been at home here since the hall's opening. The Stambaugh Youth Concert Band and Stambaugh Chorus are sponsored by the hall and Opera Western Reserve has offices at Stambaugh.
The Henry H. Stambaugh Auditorium Association is governed by a board of seven trustees. President Terrence Cloonan Esq. , Vice President Jeanne Simeone, with Barbara H. Tinkham secretary, and David Konik CPA treasurer. Trustee members include Terrence Cloonan Esq, David J. Konik CPA, Jeanne Simeone, Barbara Tickham, John Yerian III, Mark Gasser, and David J. Sabine Esq. The Trustees are assisted by an advisory board which includes: Margaret Adams, Esq., Susan Berny, Suzyn Schwebel Epstein, Ron Gould, Dave Kucharski, Michele Simonelli, Esq., Neil Schor, Esq., and Mark Thompson.
Management and Operations staff include: General Manager - Matt Pagac, Director of Operations - Carissa O'Connor, Director of Guest and Client Services - Laura Davanzo, Director of Design and Digital Media - Tonya Gabriel, Box Office Manager - Bernadette Lim, Director of Development Relations and Capitol Projects - Bill Conti, Facilities Maintenance Manager - Dave Seifert, and Bookkeeper - Kim Slattery. In addition, office, box office, food and beverage, IT, stage and production, security, and other support staff play an important roll in the operation of the facility.
Stambaugh sells tickets for its shows via telephone 330-259-0555, Toll Free: 866-516-2269 (866-516-2BOX) and online Ticket Sales. For all other inquiries email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 330-747-5175.
When Stambaugh Auditorium was built it was done so at a cost of less than two million dollars. The structure was modeled after the public auditorium in Springfield, Massachusetts whose design was based on the Pantheon in Paris. The architect was Harvey Wiley Corbett of the New York firm of Helmle and Corbett Architects. Opening ceremonies for Stambaugh Auditorium were held December 5, 1926. The opening concert was held the next evening, sponsored by the Monday Musical Club. Will Rogers was the featured inaugural performer.